Provides insight into the technical state of and the risks present in an application portfolio during mergers and acquisitions. This provides insight into the expected maintenance costs.
In an acquisition or a merger, it is important to gain insight into the health or risks of the IT portfolio to be acquired. Is the product management of the company properly supported by IT, or does the acquired IT portfolio immediately require follow-up investments? Which applications are truly distinctive for the business interest of the IT portfolio to be acquired? With the Metri Due Diligence Accelerator, the correct value of the IT portfolio can be determined and priorities can be set on how to proceed (or not) with the applications to be taken over.
The Due Diligence Accelerator measures the technical condition of the portfolio based on the expected Total Cost of Ownership. Questions adressed are:
- How sustainable is the software?
- What is the percentage of code that scores less than market average in terms of quality (resiliency, agility and elegance)?
- What is the technical debt in the portfolio?
- What are the 20% applications that provide 80% of the maintenance costs?
- How large is the portfolio in Lines of Code per technology?
- What risks are there in the open-source components used concerning the known vulnerabilities and the licenses?
- How many FTE is required for maintenance?
- How easy or difficult is it to modernize the applications or bring them to the cloud?
- How does the technical condition of the portfolio compare to other portfolios in the market?
Benefits of the Due Diligence Accelerator
Within a very short time, a complete answer will be given to the technical questions that are inextricably linked to a merger or takeover. This insight allows organizations to get a better picture of the risks in the portfolio and the costs that must be incurred in the future for the maintenance and/or modernization of the landscape.